Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tofu with Peanut Sauce

In my last entry, I mentioned that I would send you a recipe. Recently, my favorite dish is one I made up but I absolutely love it. I'm trying to stay away from meat. After seeing the movie "Food, Inc" I try only to buy organic meat, but that can be expensive, so I've been eating more tofu and tempeh.

Tofu with Peanut Sauce (spicy)

Saute garlic and sliced onions
Add Tofu (cubed, firm)
Add Shredded carrot (I used my potatoe peeler to shread it)
Peanut sauce (I add liberally, but it might be spicy if you do)

Saute the tofu long enough to get it browned and simmer with the peanut sauce long enough to allow the tofu to absorb the flavor.

I have had this at a restaurant and it includes broccoli and cabbage so you could add any vegetables that you like.

Serve over rice.

No comments: