What we did in that meeting was so important to the success of this company.
- It was important that the meeting was attended by the key players and only those players (although there are times when all players should be involved).
- It was important that all of us dedicated that time to the meeting un-interrupted with no phone calls, only a break for lunch.
- It was important that the software was used as a guide for how things would be done and who would do what and what sequence of events would be followed.
- As the process for the implementation of new software was unveiled, notes were made about how to perfect the existing process in the future. IE: potential problems in the current process were uncovered that came up as a result of creating the new process.
- It was important that we documented the revised process right there in the meeting as a part of the meeting.
We all came out of that meeting with a clear process in writing of how their company would function using the software to it's fullest potential.