Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Marketing for a non-marketing professional

Marketing has got to be the biggest time drain on my business, along with keeping up with technology. I've been doing marketing work this week. Making changes to my website, talking to other professionals who can offer services that are compatible with mine, net working in general.

I try to market on a tight budget. It's tough to know what will work and what won't and just like any small business owner, it's 9pm at night and I'm still working.

I finally posted some articles on my website. I'm trying to offer free information so people can get to know me. Not just junk, but really good stuff. I need ideas for topics, please send some!

That's another subject: the web definition of an article. It's the big thing these days, "get your articles published on the web". Funny thing is, what "they" call articles are about 3 or 4 paragraphs. People don't have time to read much. It's amazing what a time warp you can get into when you get on the web, so articles are kept at a minimum. We all need time for our other life; reality: those who give you a kiss every now and then when you aren't pecking away at your computer.

No comments: